Information We Collect
To fulfil your subscription, you should provide us with some information, that may include (but is not limited to) name, email address, password (it remains always private and known only to the user who created it). We DO NOT collect any payment information. You may also provide us with additional personal information, for instance if you contact us directly or for recovering your lost password.
Also we may collect some non-personal information about every site visitor such as browser type and version, language preference, IP address, operating system, pages viewed, time and date of access, referring website address, unique device identifiers, mobile network information.
Information We Get From Etsy
Our mission is to help sellers increase their sales so we need some information related to seller’s account to offer some services for growing your Etsy store.
If you connect your Etsy account you agree that you are the rightful owner of this Etsy account.
If you allow access, Seller-Way will connect to your account and have a permission to read the following information from Etsy or do the following on your behalf:
• connect to your account and know your member name;
• know your email address;
• see your inactive and expired listings;
• see your Etsy profile data;
• see your sales and purchases.
You can revoke this access at any time here: https://www.etsy.com/your/apps.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services or to communicate with you.
Non-personal information may be used to estimate visitor traffic, see trends and offer personalized content to each customer or visitor.
We rely on many legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• when you use our free services;
• when you order subscription;
• when you contact customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, for instance by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your order if required by tax law;
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, for example providing and improving our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
You privacy is very important for us so we do everything to protect data we collect. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact form.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.